Besides relaxing and enjoying the views and comforts of our apartment, there are loads of wonderful things to do in the area. Hopefully you will take advantage of some of the wonders on offer in the Nambucca Valley to make your holiday one to remember.
- Swimming While the ocean is warmest from December to May, for the brave of heart it is swimable all year.
- Walk the Beaches For those who just like to look at the water, the Nambucca region has some of the most unspoilt beaches in NSW.
- Bush Walking From the mountains to the ocean there are enough walking tracks to last a lifetime.
- Art & Crafts Thriving art communities in Nambucca Heads, Bowraville, Bellingen and other locations provide much interest.
- Watersports Swimming, waterskiing, surfing, kayaking, canoeing and boating. A huge variety of unspoilt waterways and beaches to explore. You can hire motor boats, kayaks and stand up paddle boards from the Nambucca Boatshed and Cafe located on the river next to the RSL car park.
- Fishing The rivers and oceans around Nambucca Heads see little fishing pressure. From bass in the upper reaches of the creeks and rivers to the bigger species from ocean beaches and headlands, we are spoilt for choice. Ocean fishing charters are available from Coffs Harbour and South West Rocks.
- Bowls Nambucca Bowling Club is just a stroll down the street. It has excellent facilities.
- Golf Play golf minutes away at the unique Island Gold Course. Bonville Golf Club is about 30 minutes drive.
- Valla Beach Markets First Saturday of each month at Valla Beach Reserve.
- Whale Watching From May to November whales migrate along our coast. They can be observed from the headlands or by taking a whale watching cruise from Coffs Harbour.
- Relax The peace and quiet gets into your blood after a while and it is hard to resist the urge to unwind. Our apartment has a selection of books and DVDs for you to enjoy.
- Dining Out Nambucca Heads has a modest selection of good restaurants. Further afield, Sawtell, Bonville, Coffs Harbour and others also have top quality dining.
- Movie Watching Nambucca Heads has a 4 theatre cinema complex offering a wide choice of current films to enjoy. It is located in the Nambucca Plaza shopping area just off the Pacific Highway near Mc Donald's. For information refer to the cinema'a web site.
- Driving We recommend visiting at least some of the following nearby locations -
- Bowraville - a delightful town filled with old unspoilt buildings. Stop at the pub for lunch.
- Bellingen - a host of things to do. Character shops and art galleries. Visit the Old Butter Factory for a bit of shopping and lunch too.
- The Waterfall Way & Dorrigo - Drive up the spectacular Waterfall Way. Visit the many waterfalls such as Dangar and Ebor Falls. Stroll the streets of Dorrigo to soak up the atmosphere. Go a little further and visit Point Lookout in the New England National Park. On a clear day you can see the waves breaking on our beaches. Beautiful views and alpine forests.
- Coffs Harbour Definitely worth a visit day or night. Check out the jetty area and walk Muttonbird Island. Visit Korora Lookout and nearby Forest Sky Pier at Sealy Lookout.
- Port Macquarie Plenty of shops, dining and pleasant walks. Good beaches. Camel rides.
- Billabong Zoo Pacfic Highway near Wauchope. Exotic and native animals.
- South West Rocks A pretty coastal town in a spectacular location. Visit the Trial Bay Gaol and have lunch at the Kiosk.
- School Holidays Our weather is usually milder at this time of the year than the southern beaches of NSW. There is always plenty of room on the beaches and numerous rivers.
- Bowraville Races Located at the Bowraville Racecourse.
- Australia Day festivities are held at Gordon Park on the river right near our apartment. There are lots of food, activities and fun for all.
- Swimming Have a swim in the river or in the surf at one of the many beaches in the area. The water temperature at this time of year is uusally arund 24 degrees or more.
- Bass Fishing The hotter the weather, the more active the bass become. If the cicadas are singing it is time to have a go. The area abounds with good bass creeks and rivers.
- Fishing Ocean fishing peaks at this time of year. Have a go of the rocks (with care) or beach. Charters operate from Coffs Harbour and South West Rocks.
The river provides fishing for flathead, whiting, bream, mulloway and luderick as well as many other species.
- Seaside Holiday March and April are the best time of the year for a holiday by the sea. The ocean is still very warm and the hottest days have gone leaving days usually in the mid 20s. Easter and the school holidays are this time of year but the area remains uncrowded.
- Nambucca Ag. Show More than just a country show. Plenty of fun day and night. Includes fireworks displays each night.
- Relax A beautiful time of year to visit. The water is still warm. The weather is mild and the pace of life is slower.
- Driving Take a tour of the area. From Dorrigo to Wauchope, Emerald Beach to Port Macquarie.
- Chilli Festival Stroll the beautiful fig tree shaded main street of Sawtell sampling the spicy delights of the Chilli Festival.
- VW Rally Biannually Valla Beach hosts the VW Spectacular. Visitors are encouraged to be included in their festivities.
- Jazz Festival Bellingen Jazz Festival only a 30 minute drive.
- Fishing The river is at its best at this time of year. Bream and luderick move to the lower reaches to spawn.
- Rusty Iron Rally The Rusty Iron Rally for lovers of collectables, old wares and big lumps of throbbing steel. Old engines, tractors and plenty of action. Loads of stalls and something going on in the main arena all the time.
- Toast of Urunga A food fair on the banks of the Kalang River at Urunga.
- Hot Rod parade For a week at the end of September hundreds of hot rods gather at Valla Beach.
The final event is a street parade in Nambucca Heads. (please check dates as they vary from year to year)
- FIA World Rally Cars The rally world championship arrives in the Coffs Harbour and Nambucca region in September each year. Several stages are held in the forests around the Nambucca Valley. This is a great base from which to follow the rally.
- Bowraville Races Located at the Bowraville Racecourse.
- Pro Ag Macksville Pro Ag Tractors, machinery and lots more including many stalls. Find that hard to get item.
- Macksville Gift A professional sprint race similar to the Stawell Gift. Held at Allen Gillett Oval Macksville
- Nambucca River festival Each year the Nambucca River Festival provides fun for everyone. One feature is the lantern parade.
- School Holidays A favourite time for the school break, but many come to celebrate Christmas here too. Unwind at the end of a busy year.
- Event List Nambucca Tourism Event List